Whip up a tasty, quick,and easy side dish of sautéed broccoli in less than 15 minutes. This side dish is family friendly, weeknight dinner friendly, and well recognized for it’s health properties.
There are loads of reasons to make this sautéed broccoli side dish. In addition to how quick and easy it is to make, broccoli is a fabulous side dish for chicken, fish, pork and beef. It makes the perfect side dish to this Oven Baked Salmon recipe.
Broccoli nutrition values have certainly contributed to this vegetables superfood status. Broccoli is a great source of vitamins C and K. It also is a good source of folic acid, potassium, and fiber.
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 head broccoli (about 9 oz), trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, 1 minute or until fragrant. Add broccoli and cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until the broccoli is bright green.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the broth and cook, stirring, 5 minutes or until just tender. Serve warm.