Make breakfast count with this vegetable frittata. You will get some of your daily vegetables and protein in before you get out the door! It’s made with artichokes, roasted peppers, ricotta cheese, and an egg.
I love brunch – you know the nice leisurely, late morning breakfasts that are pleasing in oooh so many ways. That idealist scenario just doesn’t happen for me on most days – imagine that!
I know I should eat breakfast, but it is seriously so much easier to skip it when I don’t have time – oops. I also get so bored with the same old muffin, toast or whatever pops out of my kitchen in the morning.
Enter the breakfast sandwich maker. There are many types of quickie breakfast gadgets on the market, but the one I use in this recipe is made by Hamilton Beach. You can just mix up the ingredients and toss it in a small frying pan or cast iron skillet too. The breakfast sandwich maker does make it even easier…seriously!
However you choose to make this frittata, you will have an amazing, tasty breakfast that you can easily get done in 5 minutes or less. How cool is that!
You may also to make one up for lunch or a quick pick-me-up during the day. The frittata is great paired with a small salad.
Vegetable Frittata Recipe
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp chopped, drained artichoke hearts, oil-packed or marinated
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp ricotta cheese
- Pinch salt optional
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat breakfast sandwich maker.
- In a small bowl, gently whisk egg. Stir in artichoke hearts, roasted peppers and cheese. Season with salt (if using).
- Lower the cooking plate and both rings of sandwich maker. Lightly spray the cooking plate with cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into the top ring.
- Gently close the cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until frittata is cooked to your liking. Rotate cooking plate away from sandwich maker and lift rings. Use a plastic or nylon spatula to remove the frittata. Serve immediately.