Elote ~ Mexican Street Corn ~ Recipe
Wonderful Mexican corn on the cob slathered in a Mexican-style crema and sprinkled with chili powder, cotija cheese, and lime.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled Cotija cheese or feta cheese, approx. with more for serving
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder, approx. with more for serving
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Heat your gas grill to medium-high.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, garlic powder, chili powder, and cilantro. Set aside.
Grill corn, turning occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through and lightly charred.
Transfer corn to the bowl with the cheese mixture. Using a pastry brush, brush corn on all sides with the mixture. Remove from bowl; sprinkle with extra cheese and chili powder. Serve with lime wedges.
- Store corn at room temperature for up to 3 hours.
- To refrigerate your corn, keep the husks on and wrap in plastic wrap. Fresh corn should be used within 1 to 2 days.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 479IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 1mg